The Annex’s REACH Program is an intergenerational approach to preventing teen pregnancy, STDs, and HIV/AIDS among African Americans living in North Minneapolis. REACH staff provide a variety of programming in North Minneapolis, including:
- Community-based HIV & STI Testing (at the REACH office as well as offsite)
- Parent/Adult Workshops: It’s That Easy, Celebration of Change for African-American Females, and Parents as Sexuality Educators
- CRUSH Collaborative: facilitation of the CRUSH Youth Council, aimed at bringing awareness of chlamydia to youth in their communities
- HIV, STI, and Sexuality Education for young people in classroom & community settings, including evidence-based curricula Making Proud Choices! and Becoming a Responsible Teen
- Peer Education Training
- Community Partnerships & Collaboration
These activities are made possible by a grant from the Eliminating Health Disparities Initiative of the Minnesota Department of Health. REACH is located in the Plymouth Avenue Art Studio at 2404 Plymouth Avenue North. For more information, contact REACH Program Manager Trina Pearson: [email protected], office #763-235-1986.