The Annex Teen Clinic education team are responding to the changes due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). With distance learning considerations, the Annex has two new options for sexuality education:
- Live zoom education presentations
- Pre-recorded education presentations
Are you interested in a presentation from our education team? Please specify which presentation you would like on the request form.
The Annex Teen Clinic provides a range of education programs in school, community, and faith-based settings. We only provide fact-based, age-appropriate, and nonjudgmental programs that provide young people with the information they need to make their own choices about their sexual health, understand their bodies, and feel confident in their decisions. Annex educators are trained to provide programming that is relevant for young people, engaging, and is based on best practices such as trauma-informed care and positive youth development.
The Annex’s education programs include:
- One-time presentations or short presentation series on topics including puberty, birth control, sexually transmitted infections, healthy relationships, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- Evidence-based and evidence-informed sex ed programs.
- Out of school time and youth leadership groups including the Annex Advisory Council and the CRUSH Youth Leadership Council that focus on advocacy and peer education.
- Education for parents and caregivers to support them in talking with their children about sexuality topics.
- Health Mentors who work in schools to provide sexuality education, link to access sexual health services, and opportunities for positive youth development through classroom education, small groups, one to one conversations, and engagement with school staff, parents, and community members.
- Community-based testing and educational outreach for sexually transmitted infections.